710529 - Letter to Manjari written from Calcutta
May 29, 1971
Srimati Manjari Devi Dasi (Maile)
c/o New Nabadwip
2016 McKinley St.
P.O. Box no. 387
Fort, Bombay-1, INDIA
My Dear Manjari Devi (Maile),
Please accept my blessings. I am in due receipt of your kind letter requesting initiation, as recommended by Govinda Dasi. I am so glad to accept you as my duly initiated disciple and have given you the spiritual name Manjari Devi Dasi. Manjari is the fruit of Tulasi plant. Also I have chanted on your beads and they are enclosed herewith.
I am so glad to note that you have accepted the importance of the spiritual master for making advancement in spiritual life. Now that you have been formally initiated, you are linked up with all the great Vaishnava acharyas via the parampara system and so the effect will be there fully. By the mercy of the acharyas the path for going back home, back to Godhead has been made very easy. Simply we must rigidly follow the regulative principles of devotional life, regularly chant 16 rounds of beads daily, read all our literatures and engage in Krishna's business 24 hours. Then we will be happy and our lives will be a success.
Hoping this will meet you in good health.
Your ever well-wisher,
A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami
- 1971 - Letters
- 1971 - Lectures, Conversations and Letters
- 1971-05 - Lectures, Conversations and Letters
- Letters Written from - India
- Letters Written from - India, Calcutta
- Lectures, Conversations and Letters - India
- Lectures, Conversations and Letters - India, Calcutta
- Manjari dasi - Letters
- Letters Giving the Names of New Initiates
- 1971 - Letters Needing Scans