731014 - Letter to Patita Uddharana written from Bombay
A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami
International Society for Krishna Consciousness
CENTER Gandhi Gram Rd. Juhu, Bombay-54
My Dear Patit Uddharan Das:
Please accept my blessings. I beg to acknowledge receipt of your letter dated October 9, 1973 and have noted the contents. Yes, regarding your poems, I shall like to see what you have written. The encyclopedia is too great a task. Do not attempt it.
Regarding writing, I may quote from the Caitanya-caritamrta Ādi lila, ninth chapter, the blue print of which I have just received from New York.
esaba prasadae likhi caitanya-lila-guna jani va na jani, kari apana-sodhana (CC Ādi-lila 9:5)
"It is by the mercy of all these Vaisnavas and gurus that I attempt to write about the pastimes and qualities of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu. Whether I know or know not, it is for self purification that I write this book."
The purport is that for transcendental writing one must be an authorized Vaisnava and should write to purify oneself, not for credit. It may or may not be published, but one who is actually sincere in writing, all his ambitions will be fulfilled.
I hope this meets you in good health.
- 1973 - Letters
- 1973 - Lectures, Conversations and Letters
- 1973-10 - Lectures, Conversations and Letters
- Letters Written from - India
- Letters Written from - India, Bombay
- Lectures, Conversations and Letters - India
- Lectures, Conversations and Letters - India, Bombay
- Patita Uddharana - Letters
- 1973 - Letters with Scans of the Originals
- 1973 - Letters with Scans of the Originals - checked
- Letters - Unsigned, 1973