731216 - Letter to All Centers written from Los Angeles
December 16, 1973
Memo to All Centers
Repeatedly Srila Prabhupada says, "I only want my disciples to take this Movement seriously.
So, the punch line is that Prabhupada wants to initiate the following schedule:
1. Reside 4 months in India, 4 months in Europe and 4 months in the U.S.A. out of each year.
2. See or speak to no one except very important visitors wherever his is staying.
3. Be completely relieved of managerial affairs and have full time for translating.
What this means to us is the following:
1. Don't ask Prabhupada to come to our Temple.
2. Solve all problems amongst ourselves and don't burden Prabhupada with them.
3. Continue to advance dynamically in Krsna Consciousness by keeping all our principles very strictly and vigorously preach and propagate the movement around the world.
Now we have the GBC, the sannyasins, the presidents and so many qualified devotees. We have to give up the habit of placing everything on Prabhupada's shoulders. We must be responsible, mature, steadfast and convinced.
Wherever Prabhupada is staying he will deliver morning lectures. Presidents, etc., may visit there and go on the walks with Prabhupada. Other than that we must take care of all affairs.
Enough said. The rest is up to us.
Karandhara das Adhikari
APPROVED: A.C. Bhaktivedanta