741104 - Letter to GBC Godbrothers from Jayatirtha Tamal Krishna and Hridayananda
November 4, 1974
From: Jayatirtha, Tamal Krishna, Hridayananda, Satsvarupa
ALL GLORIES TO SRI GURU AND GOURANGA!!!!
KRSNAS TU BHAGAVAN SVAYAN!!!
Our Dear GBC Godbrothers,
Please accept our most respectful obeisances at your feet. All glories to our Spiritual Father, His Divine Grace Srila Prabhupada.
As we know, Srila Prabhupada has been dissapointed in the ability of the GBC to effectively govern our ISKCON society. In our fervent desire that the coming GBC meeting in Mayapura be pleasing to Srila Prabhupada, we humbly submit the following three proposals for you approval.
1. At our last meeting, we were unable to fully join in the spiritual activities, due to the length of our meeting, and thus we were unable to fulfill completely Srila Prabhupada’s desired purpose for the Mayapura festival. To avoid this in our coming meeting, we humbly suggest that the meeting take place, in the presence of Srila Prabhupada, five days before the official Mayapura festival begins. In this way, when the festival begins, every GBC man can give his whole heart to the spiritual activities, and lead the devotees in chanting, classes, pilgrimmage etc. Thus we can purify ourselves and also purify others, providing real spiritual help for the devotees.
2. At our last meeting, most of the time was taken up by reports of previous year’s activities in each zone. This year, we humbly suggest that these reports be submitted, in writing, by each GBC representative to all other GBC, some weeks before the meeting. Also we can submit any proposals that we may have, such as new temples, loan requests etc. in writing ahead of time. In this way we will save much time and what is more, all of us will come to the meeting having studied and considered the business, and thus we will be far more prepared to speak and act decisively and effectively in planning the forthcoming year’s mission.
3. We humbly suggest that Srila Prabhupada select two or three GBC men to organize all of the proposals into an orderly agenda, so that the meeting may proceed smoothly without any loss of time.
We submit these three proposals in a spirit of love and trust and with the goal of pleasing our beloved Spiritual Master Srila Prabhupada. Our request is that you sign the enclosed sheet and return the same day to Jayatirtha Prabhu in Los Angeles, who will forward all signed sheets to His Divine Grace Srila Prabhupada for ultimate approval or disaproval. Praying that we can work together cooperatively, and that this letter finds you well, we fall at your feet and beg to remain
- Jayatirtha Das Adhikary
- Tamal Krishna Das Goswami
- Hridayananda das Goswami
- [Handwritten:] I approve of all three points
- Satsvarupa das Goswami
- Nov 16, 1974