751007 - Letter to Dina Bandhu written from Durban
: Oct. 7, 1975
- Johannesburg, South Africa
My Dear Dina Bandhu dasa,
Please accept my blessings. I am in due receipt of your letter dated Sept. 25, 1975 with enclosed daksina and I thank you very much. So far as name for Portland Yatra is concerned, you may call it Manipur.
Upon your recommendation I am accepting both boys for my disciples. Their names are Girijārata dāsa-Marty, and Amoghavīrya dasa—Michael. Also, I am accepting Edhaniyasvabhava das brahmacari and Lila devi dasi as twice born brahmanas. You will find enclosed one brahmin thread duly chanted on. Now everyone must strictly follow the principles of chanting sixteen rounds japa daily, and refraining from illicit sex-life, intoxication, gambling, and animal slaughter and then they will not be blown away by the material energy. You may perform fire-yajna and brahmins should hear a tape of me chanting Gayatri mantra through the right ear. I thank all of you for assisting me in spreading Lord Caitanya's Movement throughout the world. People are simply being cheated by so many rascals who pose themselves as big, big leader so you must all strictly follow the principles that I have established and for the general mass of people give them chanting, prasadam, and have them take some of our literature. That will benefit them and gradually they will come to the standard.
I hope that this meets you in good health.
Your ever well-wisher,
P.S. You mentioned one devotee in your letter newly initiated as Ramgaka dasa. Please inform him that his name is Ramyaka dasa. pks.
- 1975 - Letters
- 1975 - Lectures, Conversations and Letters
- 1975-10 - Lectures, Conversations and Letters
- Letters Written from - Africa
- Letters Written from - Africa, S. Africa - Durban
- Lectures, Conversations and Letters - Africa
- Lectures, Conversations and Letters - Africa, S. Africa - Durban
- Dina Bandhu - Letters
- Letters Giving the Names of New Initiates
- 1975 - Letters with Scans of the Originals
- 1975 - Letters with Scans of the Originals - checked
- Letters - Signed, 1975