751226 - Lecture and Kirtan Hindi - Sanand
(Hindi translated into English)
Prabhupāda: Chanting Hare Kṛṣṇa, the holy name with me will give you peace.
- Hare Kṛṣṇa, Hare Kṛṣṇa, Kṛṣṇa Kṛṣṇa, Hare Hare
- Hare Rāma, Hare Rāma, Rāma Rāma, Hare Hare
(Śrīla Prabhupāda asks everyone to clap their hands)
I shall speak in Hindi. Translate it.
I thank you all because you chanted the Hare Kṛṣṇa mahamantra along with me. This Hare, the Lord and his potency, just like Rādhā-Kṛṣṇa, Sītā-Rāma, Lakṣmī-Nārāyaṇa. The Lord and his potencies. It is there in the Vedas:
- na tasya kāryaṁ karaṇaṁ ca vidyate
- na tat-samaś cābhyadhikaś ca dṛśyate
- parāsya śaktir vividhaiva śrūyate
- svā-bhāvikī jñāna-bala-kriyā ca
The Lord does not need to engage in any work. Just like we see that a rich man or a big man or a minister, they do not do any work themselves. But they have many servants and helpers. Similarly the Lord does not have to do any work with His own hands, na tasya kāryaṁ karaṇaṁ ca vidyate.
And na tat-samaś, the Lord samaś, we are just like the Lord--this is demoniac mentality. There is no one equal to the Lord and there is no one above Him also. Na tat-samaś adhikaś. Everyone is below the Lord. So this Rādhā-Kṛṣṇa, Hare Kṛṣṇa, this is a prayer to the Lord, "Oh Hara! The potency of the Lord, You and Oh Kṛṣṇa, Oh, my Lord! Both of you together, please engage me in your devotional service." Because the living entity's constitutional position is to serve the Lord. Caitanya Mahāprabhu said: jīvera 'svarūpa haya-kṛṣṇera 'nitya-dāsa. Every living entity is by constitutional position an eternal servant of Kṛṣṇa. But having forgotten his constitutional position, he wants to lord it over in the material world. That is why he is suffering. Parāsya śaktir vividhaiva śrūyate (CC Madhya 13.65, purport).
So we in this material world are called conditioned souls, who have forgotten our eternal servitorship to the Lord. Our time is lost in serving māyā, the illusory energy. So by chanting this Hare Kṛṣṇa, we can get rid of this illusory energy, ceto-darpaṇa-mārjanam.
I think we will continue Hare Kṛṣṇa, otherwise they will go away. Therefore I begin Hare Kṛṣṇa. Let them sit down and chant Hare Kṛṣṇa.
Chant Hare Kṛṣṇa and get them to join in. Take this. (end)
- 1975 - Lectures
- 1975 - Lectures and Conversations
- 1975 - Lectures, Conversations and Letters
- 1975-12 - Lectures, Conversations and Letters
- Lectures - India
- Lectures - India, Sanand
- Lectures, Conversations and Letters - India
- Lectures, Conversations and Letters - India, Sanand
- Lectures - General
- Lectures and Conversations - Hindi
- Lectures and Conversations - Hindi to be Translated
- Audio Files 10.01 to 20.00 Minutes
- 1975 - New Audio - Released in May 2014
- 1975 - New Transcriptions - Released in May 2014