760203 - Letter to Radhavallabha written from Mayapur
A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami
International Society for Krishna Consciousness
DATE 3rd February, 1976
CENTER P.O. Sreedham Mayapur,
Dist. Nadia, West Bengal
My dear Radhaballabha,
Please accept my blessings. I beg to thank you for your letter dated January, 19th, 1976.
If the gold stamping on the bindings will increase the appeal of the books then it is O.K. Yes, I have also seen that the old cover cloths were very poor quality. It is good that you have improved them.
You can add to the Songbook the poem I wrote before arriving at the Boston Port when I first came to America. This can be printed at the beginning of the book.
Ramesvara has asked some questions regarding the art work for the 7th canto, 1st volume. Please inform him of the following:
1. The sketch showing Hiranyakasipu very big is the better of the two. Yes, you should show fire emanating from his head.
2. There should be no effulgence around Prahlad. Hiranyakasipu should not be shown with a pipe. He was a non-smoker.
3. Krishna killing Sisupala took place inside, not outside.
4. To illustrate Prahlad being protected when he is thrown off the cliff, there should be a semi-visible Krishna waiting below, as if to catch.
5. Yes, you can show dead bones, skulls, and snakes in the dungeon. Prahlad was not actually attacked with the tridents, just threatened.
Please also inform Ramesvara that in future any transfers to Bank of America, Bombay, he should send me a photocopy of the bank advice to wherever I am.
I hope this meets you well.
Sriman Radhaballabha das
ISKCON Los Angeles