760204 - Letter to Aditya written from Mayapur
- P.O. Sridham Mayapur
- Dist. Nadia, West Bengal
4th February, 76
My dear Aditya,
Please accept my blessings. I beg to acknowledge receipt of your letter dated 28th January, 1976.
The spirit soul is equal in either a man or woman. One who is actually engaged in the service of Krishna, there is no such distinction as man or woman. In the Bhagavad-gita, 6th Chapter, 1st Verse it is stated anasritah karma-phalam karijam karma karoti yah/ sa sannyasi ca yogi ca na niragnir na cakriyah (BG 6.1). Anyone acting for Krishna, he is a sannyasi or sannyasini. It is also stated: striyo vaisyas tatha sudras te'pi yanti param gatim. So spiritually everyone is equal. But materially a woman cannot be given Sannyas. But you should not be bothered because you are serving on the spiritual platform.
I hope this meets you well.
Your ever well wisher,
A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami
Srimati Aditya devi dasi
- 1976 - Letters
- 1976 - Lectures, Conversations and Letters
- 1976-02 - Lectures, Conversations and Letters
- Letters Written from - India
- Letters Written from - India, Mayapur
- Lectures, Conversations and Letters - India
- Lectures, Conversations and Letters - India, Mayapur
- Aditya devi dasi - Letters
- 1976 - Letters with Scans of the Originals
- 1976 - Letters with Scans of the Originals - checked
- Letters - Signed, 1976