761006 - Letter to Dr. S. B. Chatterjee written from Vrndavana
Shri Krishna Balaram Mandir,
Chattikara Rd., Ramen Reti,
Vrindaban, Mathura, U.P.
6th October, 76
Dear Dr. Chatterjee,
Please accept my blessings. I am in due receipt of your letter dated 1st inst. and have noted the contents. Your suggestion is very good—if the verses from Srimad-Bhagavatam and Bhagavad-gita are presented in classical art it will be something wonderful—the whole world will appreciate. We already have a dramatic party in New York, and their performances are very much appreciated. Indian classical songs are appreciated here and in foreign countries also. This program of presenting the Bhagavatam in classical song is a good idea.
vedaih sangapada-kramopanisadair ga
yanti yam samagah
Regarding your other suggestions, Ayurvedic medicine is a good idea, provided we can get an expert manufacturer. And agriculture we can also take up—we already have land, many farms. Too much modern machinery is not suitable for our country.
I shall inform you of our arrival in Calcutta, and trust we shall meet for further discussion there.
I hope this meets you in good health,
Your ever well-wisher,
A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami
Dr. S.B. Chatterjee,
162/12/2B, Lake Gardens,
West Block, 2nd floor,
- 1976 - Letters
- 1976 - Lectures, Conversations and Letters
- 1976-10 - Lectures, Conversations and Letters
- Letters Written from - India
- Letters Written from - India, Vrndavana
- Lectures, Conversations and Letters - India
- Lectures, Conversations and Letters - India, Vrndavana
- Letters to Doctors
- 1976 - Letters with Scans of the Originals
- 1976 - Letters with Scans of the Originals - checked
- Letters - Signed, 1976