BG 11.26-27 (1972)
- अमी च त्वां धृतराष्ट्रस्य पुत्राः
- सर्वे सहैवावनिपालसङ्घैः ।
- भीष्मो द्रोणः सूतपुत्रस्तथासौ
- सहास्मदीयैरपि योधमुख्यैः ॥२६॥
- वक्त्राणि ते त्वरमाणा विशन्ति
- दंष्ट्राकरालानि भयानकानि ।
- केचिद्विलग्ना दशनान्तरेषु
- सन्दृश्यन्ते चूर्णितैरुत्तमाङ्गैः ॥२७॥
- amī ca tvāṁ dhṛtarāṣṭrasya putrāḥ
- sarve sahaivāvani-pāla-saṅghaiḥ
- bhīṣmo droṇaḥ sūta-putras tathāsau
- sahāsmadīyair api yodha-mukhyaiḥ
- vaktrāṇi te tvaramāṇā viśanti
- daṁṣṭrā-karālāni bhayānakāni
- kecid vilagnā daśanāntareṣu
- sandṛśyante cūrṇitair uttamāṅgaiḥ
amī—all those; ca—also; tvām—You; dhṛtarāṣṭasya—of Dhṛtarāṣṭra; putrāḥ—sons; sarva—all; saha eva—along with; avanipāla—warrior kings; saṅghaiḥ—with the groups; bhīṣmaḥ—Bhīṣmadeva; droṇaḥ—Droṇācārya; sūta-putraḥ—Karṇa; tathā—also; asau—that; saha—with; asmadīyaiḥ—our; api—also; yodha-mukhyaiḥ—chief among the warriors; vaktrāṇi—mouths; te—Your; tvaramāṇāḥ—fearful; viśanti—entering; daṁṣṭrā—teeth; karālāni—terrible; bhayānakāni—very fearful; kecit—some of them; vilagnāḥ—being attacked; daśanāntareṣu—between the teeth; sandṛśyante—being seen; cūrṇitaiḥ—smashed; uttama-aṅgaiḥ—by the head.
All the sons of Dhṛtarāṣṭra along with their allied kings, and Bhīṣma, Droṇa and Karṇa, and all our soldiers are rushing into Your mouths, their heads smashed by Your fearful teeth. I see that some are being crushed between Your teeth as well.
In a previous verse the Lord promised to show Arjuna things he would by very interested in seeing. Now Arjuna sees that the leaders of the opposite party (Bhīṣma, Droṇa, Karṇa and all the sons of Dhṛtarāṣṭra) and their soldiers and Arjuna's own soldiers are all being annihilated. This is an indication that Arjuna will emerge victorious in battle, despite heavy losses on both sides. It is also mentioned here that Bhīṣma, who is supposed to be unconquerable, will also be smashed. So also Karṇa. Not only will the great warriors of the other party like Bhīṣma be smashed, but some of the great warriors of Arjuna's side also.