BG 11.35 (1972)
- सञ्जय उवाच ।
- एतच्छ्रुत्वा वचनं केशवस्य
- कृताञ्जलिर्वेपमानः किरीटी ।
- नमस्कृत्वा भूय एवाह कृष्णं
- सगद्गदं भीतभीतः प्रणम्य ॥३५॥
- sañjaya uvāca
- etac chrutvā vacanaṁ keśavasya
- kṛtāñjalir vepamānaḥ kirītī
- namaskṛtvā bhūya evāha kṛṣṇaṁ
- sa-gadgadaṁ bhīta-bhītaḥ praṇamya
sañjayaḥ uvāca—Sañjaya said; etat—thus; śrutvā—hearing; vacanam—speech; keśavasya—of Kṛṣṇa; kṛtāñjaliḥ—with folded hands; vepamānaḥ—trembling; kirītī—Arjuna; namaskṛtvā—offering obeisances; bhūyaḥ—again; eva—also; āha kṛṣṇam—said unto Kṛṣṇa; sa-gadgadam—faltering; bhīta-bhītaḥ—fearful; praṇamya—offering obeisances.
Sañjaya said to Dhṛtarāṣṭra: O King, after hearing these words from the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Arjuna trembled, fearfully offered obeisances with folded hands and began, falteringly, to speak as follows:
As we have already explained, because of the situation created by the universal form of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Arjuna became bewildered in wonder; thus he began to offer his respectful obeisances to Kṛṣṇa again and again, and with faltering voice he began to pray, not as a friend, but as a devotee in wonder.